About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Shop Time

The week has come and gone.  Matt's car is still in the shop so yesterday I took him to school after we enjoyed breakfast together.  

I finished things up at work Thursday and yesterday I finally got the opportunity to spend some time out in the shop.  I actually got to spend the entire day out there.  Unfortunately, it seemed like every ten minutes I was being interrupted but I still enjoyed my time.  My place turned out to be a hotbed of activity yesterday.  The guys that have been working on the exterior carpentry and paint actually had good enough weather to work.  I finally got a third landscaper to come give me a bid on the work I want done and Baby Girl came by after her classes were over.  

Having Abby come out and spend time was probably the best interruption.  She even came out into the shop and sat on a stool to talk to me while I continued to work.  We had a good visit and talked about a number of things.  She, once again, is suffering with sinus drainage and a sinus infection.  Man, I thought I had bad sinuses.  She definitely got all that from me.

I am planning another day in the shop today.  Yesterday I used a specialty concrete to level the extremely un-level floor and got the cabinet base built and installed.  Today I am going to start on the drawers.  Matt wants to help so we are going to work together to knock them out.  We are going to work most of the day and then take in a movie tonight.  It's supposed to rain most of the day so it's going to be a good day to be in the shop.  Sure the house could use some cleaning but what the heck...the dust bunnies will still be there next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment