About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

To Plan Or Not To Plan...


I never did get into the shop this weekend and tomorrow is Sunday.  Like Mike Tyson said "everybody's got plans...till they get hit".  Well this weekend I got hit.  I got hit with a lot more to do than I had planned on.

Friday got chewed up due to meetings.  I had meetings with a couple of Lanscapers and my General Contractor for the kitchen remodling work.  Then it was lunch with Baby Girl and then errands.  Heck, a guy has to get a hair cut!  By the time I got back to the farm, the day was shot and Matt was on his way home.

I had planned on doing some house work this morning and then getting out there this afternoon.  However, I never thought that it would take most of the day to "take down Christmas".  I finally got it all put away and took the tree to the chipper by mid afternoon.  Now it's time for dinner and the day is basically shot.  I suppose it's just as well considering the fact I dont have any heat in the shop and it was only about 13° this morning.

What the heck, there is always next weekend!

I have a big pot of vegatable soup on the stove and cornbread muffins in the oven.  Matt will be home for dinner and then we are going to try and take in a movie.

You never know, I might even be able to find some time after church tomorrow to spend in the shop.  Maybe if I DON'T plan on it, it will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment