About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dinner With Friends

I never have never liked eating alone. Tuesday night both the kids were gone and I found myself, at the last minute, alone for the night. I made a quick call to some very dear friends. Roy and Dianne are empty nesters now and I know that they tend to eat out a few times a week. Sure enough, Dianne said that they were going out to dinner and said that they would be happy to have me join them. Luckily, I know several couples like this. They seem to be very understanding and happy to have me tag along. While etiquette dictates that I should not invite myself, self preservation trumps etiquette in this case. I don’t like being alone. It gives me too much time to think about my loss and the pain that accompanies it.

While I love Oconee county it is a lonely place for a single. It is a family community. As a result, there are not very many single people close to my age. Additionally, Lisa and I were very happily married and we tended to be friends with other happily married couples. So it stands to reason, most of the folks I know are happily married couples. Sooner or later I am going to have to figure out something else. I can’t continue to invite myself to dinners. Not to mention, Matt will be right behind Abby. He will be going off to college in the blink of an eye. I will be on my own full time at that point. What do I do then?

Why can’t things be simpler????

No comments:

Post a Comment