About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Outside


What a great weekend little to no anxiety and great weather to work outside. There is something good about working outside all weekend. I am tired but it is a good tired. I have managed to put out a bunch of azaleas and hydrangeas this weekend. In addition I got all the grass cut by 3:00 yesterday so that we could attend a wedding in Pine Mountain last night. Matt and William worked all day getting their garden finished. They got corn, watermelon, squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots and other things planted. I am looking forward to having some home grown tomatoes this year. The stuff I have been getting at the local Publix just taste like cardboard.

I think I will put off anymore planting till this fall. I just hate planting in the summer. I would much rather wait till fall so that I don't have to drag the water hose around the farm every two days. Fall is the time for planting its easier on you and the plants. However, its hard to find anything at the retail stores to put in the ground in the fall. They have it so backwards!

I just saw my first Mother's day commercial on the tv this morning. Don't want to talk about it right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment