About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Early Morning Blues

This is one of those times that I miss her the most. It's early the kids are still sleeping and everything is quiet. You can see the sun starting to come up just above the tree line. This is one of those times I really do miss her the most. We always loved the early morning together and we both have always been early risers. We would sit quietly sipping coffee nothing else just sitting there and leaning or laying against each other sipping quietly. Lisa was not by nature a real morning person. She did not like to talk until she had downed at least a cup of coffee. However, once she got that cup of coffee in her, she would go like the energizer bunny. Yep, I miss those quiet moments with her. Those times when we did not have to say or do anything to express how much we loved each other. This is the time when I feel very much alone and lonely now. Ain't that a kick in the pants? Early morning used to be my favorite time and now it's my toughest time. Learning to go to bed alone has been hard but getting up and being alone on the weekend I think is ever harder.

It's okay, the kids will be up before long and I will have their company.

No comments:

Post a Comment