About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Camp Mayhem


Great! The first phone call from camp is "Daddy I just got back from the emergency room". Emergency room! What emergency room? Apparently in preparing for campers that will start to arrive next week, the counselors at 4-H camp were rehearsing a skit. Who knew summer camp skits were a contact sport? It seems that part of the skit requires the counselors to build a human pyramid. Abby, being the cheerlead, was tagged to climb the pyramid and take the top position. There was some miscommunication and the pile came tumbling down. Abby apparently wound up with a pretty good blow to the head and badly sprained wrist in the mayhem.

Of course my first reaction was " I can be there in fifteen minutes". Abby assured me that it was not necessary for me to come to camp and act like an over protective father. She assured me that her head was fine and that the swelling would go down in the wrist soon. I relented, knowing that I could hardly afford take time off from work this week. She assured me that if she had any complications she would let me know right away. That gives me a lot of comfort considering right away in teenage terms is some time within a week to a month.

The 4-H folks are great people so I am sure she is in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment