About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Schools Out For Summer


I have been very busy this week and not had much time to writing. Its good to have a very stressful week behind me. Matt made it through final exams and was even able to exempt one exam today. This allowed him to get out of school by 10:15 today. He is very excited about his party and I think even more excited to have his first year of high school behind him. Leaving behind MBMS has been a very positive thing for him. He seems to have done very well this year. Now to get through the summer.

Lisa made it a habit of working the summer school program most years. This always worked out for us pretty well. It enabled her to further contribute financially and she was also still able to get home about the time the kids rolled out of the bed. Now, Matt is kind of on his own during the summer. I wonder if he thinks about her during these days. I try to keep him as busy as possible but he can't go to camp every week. I have several work projects for him and hope to keep him somewhat active. He will get his drivers license in just a few weeks. This will at least enable to him to get out of here a bit this summer. He wont just be stuck here while Abby and I are both gone during the week. I don't think it has quite hit him how much freedom he will acquire along with a drivers license. I do hope he realizes how much responsibility comes along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment